Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

I am doing seven - yes, SEVEN - boutique group launches in the next two months. Of course, after I signed-up for them I was hit with life. And we all know how life gets in the way of the things we really want to do.

It seems like I'm constantly working on a new item to list, but the sales don't keep up. So why am I busting my hump to create, create, create when nothing is selling?

As a side note: I've been on eBay for seven yrs folks. And I have never even broke even. Never made my fees back. Never made the cost of my supplies back. Never had more than maybe five repeat customers. One would think that this sounds like someone whose work is awful. I would agree with you except that I know that it doesn't. And my feedback agrees with me.

I've even give Etsy a try. Not selling on there either. What can one assume but the worst. It's not due to either site being "slow" at the time. Please. I've been selling for long enough to know that this isn't the reason.

Is it time to retire from selling on the E sites, and simply market my website? Is it time to devote more of my energies on my charity work?

I honestly wish I knew the answer to this one, folks.

No comments: