Friday, February 15, 2008

Should I stay or should I go now?

Most everyone knows about the whole eBay fiasco going down now due to the recent changes. As well as the ensuing boycott as well.

I've been selling on eBay for over seven (7) yrs, and I can't picture myself just up and leaving. I don't sell a whole lot there, but of all the places I've sold...I seem to do the best there. I assume it's because of the volume of traffic. EBay does advertise quite a bit, and is there really anyone who doesn't know about them?

I have tried a handful of boutique start-up sites that just don't work for me. I've been on Etsy since 2005, and have sold I think four (4) items. And, of course, I have had my website for a LONG time.

Overall, eBay has worked for me. I think it's probably worked for quite a few people, and that's why there are so many buyers and sellers there. I think that's also why the head honchos at eBay feel they can do what is probably not in the best interest of their people. They know many may protest, but in the end most won't go anywhere.

Who I'm feeling for are the people who DON'T do eBay as a hobby. Those who actually count on that income to make ends meet, buy their meds, put food on the table, etc. Some people can't work a typical job outside the home so that's why they depend on eBay. I wonder how many making the most noise fall into that category. I honestly don't know.

However, isn't this really something that should be left to each individual to decide? I hope no one would ever think poorly of or harrass someone who chooses that boycotting eBay isn't the best business strategy. I hope we all can see who really is to blame for all this mess, and that's the greedy money-machine at eBay sitting in the executive offices.

Support one another even if they aren't walking the same path as you. Love and support, my babies, love and support.

No comments: