Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Easy, Breezy Sundresses




I remember wearing these type of dresses well over 30 yrs ago. Even as a kid, I appreciated how easy they were to wear. And how perfect they were on a hot summer day...comfy and breezy.

Tutorial by Simplicity

Measure
For a great fitting sundress, take the bust or chest measurement then subtract one inch. The resulting number is the amount of fabric, measured on the shirred side, that you will need for a fabulous fit.

Sew
Start by placing the RIGHT sides of the fabric facing each other. Then match the long cut edges and stitch together in a one half-inch seam to form a cylindrical tube.

Finish
To complete your sundress hem it to the desired length and create straps by using either leftover fabric or coordinated ribbon.

The places I've seen them are: Wal-Mart, Jo-Ann or Hancock stores.

Have you made-up any of these? I'd love to see them. Share in the comments.

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I love this style too! Even my almost 8 yr old can wear them, which is great.