Thursday, May 8, 2008
I just spent a few days doing some heavy-duty spring cleaning. I don't enjoy it, but it had to be done.
I got rid of seven 32 gallon trash bags full of stuff we don't need. Why did I keep this stuff around anyway? About half of it was stuff my DD12 had stashed in her room. That child is a freakin' pack rat.
* Hubby re-caulked the tub on the main floor
* I made curtains for the master bedroom
* Made new table settings (placemats, etc) for the diningroom
* Bleached the kitchen floor twice. I think this floor needs to be replaced because I just can't get it to look as clean as I want it
* Washed comforters at the laundry mat. They never seem to get really clean and dry when I do it at home
* And then, of course, there are all the other incidentals that go along with an undertaking such as this. In the end, I am happy with my freshened-up home. My teenage boys have even commented on it. I must have done something good!