Monday, April 13, 2009

FREE drop stitch wrap pattern




I have not tested this pattern with anyone else but myself. I wrote this down as I went along, so there may or may not be mistakes. PLEASE let me know if you find any.


Big Needle Knit Wrap

#35 US knitting needles
3 strands of 4 MEDIUM: WORSTED-WEIGHT yarn

NOTE: You will be knitting with three strands of yarn held together throughout this pattern.

Holding 3 strands of yarn together, CO 12 stitches
K 4 rows (garter stitch)

ROW 1: Knit each stitch, wrapping the yarn around the needle twice instead of once when completing the stitch.
ROW 2: Knit each stitch, dropping the extra wrap off the needle as you complete each stitch.

Repeat rows 1-2 until you have the desired length for either a capelet (shown) or a long wrap.

K 4 rows (garter stitch). BO

Finishing: If you make a capelet, you will want to add a large button, for a closure. The size of the knitted stitches will act as an automatic button hole. Sew in any loose stands.


See my scarves in my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

Clausewitz said...

Oi, sou o Clausewitz e gostaria de convidar você para visitar meu blog e conhecer um pouco sobre o Brasil. Abração

Kyle Smith said...

Good stuff, it's hard to find good articles on how to make stuff like that. You should try posting this on Wacanai.com(http://www.wacanai.com/intro). I find most of my stuff there. It's nice because you can search by ingredients and by the name of the finished product. You can link your page to the website and it helps you keep track of who is using your articles. Great list of drink recipes for parties too!

Free Web Hosting said...

Can you give me some more detail photo of doing that? I need to learn that style.

Jus Shar Designs said...

Search on YouTube for "drop stitch" knitting. There should be videos showing what exactly is going on with this technique.