Monday, April 13, 2009

FREE drop stitch wrap pattern




I have not tested this pattern with anyone else but myself. I wrote this down as I went along, so there may or may not be mistakes. PLEASE let me know if you find any.


Big Needle Knit Wrap

#35 US knitting needles
3 strands of 4 MEDIUM: WORSTED-WEIGHT yarn

NOTE: You will be knitting with three strands of yarn held together throughout this pattern.

Holding 3 strands of yarn together, CO 12 stitches
K 4 rows (garter stitch)

ROW 1: Knit each stitch, wrapping the yarn around the needle twice instead of once when completing the stitch.
ROW 2: Knit each stitch, dropping the extra wrap off the needle as you complete each stitch.

Repeat rows 1-2 until you have the desired length for either a capelet (shown) or a long wrap.

K 4 rows (garter stitch). BO

Finishing: If you make a capelet, you will want to add a large button, for a closure. The size of the knitted stitches will act as an automatic button hole. Sew in any loose stands.


See my scarves in my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, sou o Clausewitz e gostaria de convidar você para visitar meu blog e conhecer um pouco sobre o Brasil. Abração

Free Web Hosting said...

Can you give me some more detail photo of doing that? I need to learn that style.

Jus Shar Designs said...

Search on YouTube for "drop stitch" knitting. There should be videos showing what exactly is going on with this technique.