Sunday, February 24, 2008

My first bread pudding


There is a gentleman at church who goes around town on Saturday and gathers up all the day-old bakery items and breads. It's what he does...part of his ministry to others.

Well, today I had it in my head to make a bread pudding. I don't know why that is because I've never made one before. It just popped into my head, and I was remembering one that my mom's dear friends Ms. Aldenberg (formerly Mrs. Kirker) made when I was a youngin'. Her son Tim works as a chef at a fine restaurant in Chicago, by the way.

Ok, so I used Bunny bread, and made a bread pudding. I used a little more egg than it called for which gave it a decidely custard taste (maybe they always taste like that?) which I like. I didn't have cinnamon, so I used pumpkin pie spice. Yummy!

No comments: