Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I really wanna go


I am feeling like a brat. A spoiled child. I want to throw a temper tantrum.
Not quite.

You see, my grandfather left a scholarship to St. Joseph's College in Standish, ME when he passed away. Each year the school holds a luncheon/presentation ceremony for their scholarship recipients and the donors. I went last year, and felt humbled by my grandfather's gift, and the amount of sincere appreciation for it by the gals that could further their nursing education.

The wrench this year is that I'm not going to be able to attend due to finances, unless a miracle happens.

God is good all the time, so I know if it is His intent that I go then I will. However, I'm feeling extremely bummed not knowing which way it's going to go. Yes, there are bigger issues in the world, but in my world right now this is a big deal.

UPDATE: Thanks to momma, I'm going. She is the daughter of the generous man I mention above. I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. She needs a chauffer, and we can have alone time! Thank you, momma!

No comments: