Sunday, June 7, 2009

Easy....like Sunday evening




I tend to prefer lighter eating on a Sunday evening. Not sure why, but there you have it. A favorite meal of mine (and several others in the family) is my brocc-a-flower salad.

I knew I liked it at first bite, but I was surprised at how many others like it. Give it a try!

The container I like to use for this, is a 5qt ice cream tub. And with it being summer, I'm sure cleaning out a tub of ice cream won't be hard work for many.

5 qt container
1 c favorite cole slaw dressing (I tend to prefer a little dressing, so you may want to add more)
1 head of raw cauliflower, washed and chopped
1 head of raw broccoli, washed and chopped
1 c of dried cranberries
1 c of blue cheese crumbles
1 pkg of bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled

Mix it all up, and there you have it!

TIPS: It's better chilled, and leave out the bacon for the vegetarian version. I like to chop up the stems and pieces for the critters outside. And the cat loves the show on the deck. :-)

No comments: